Have you completed your B.S c Nursing? & looking for a job opportunity? B.S c nursing is a challenging career. They go through Hundreds of assignments, projects, practicals & deals with long and sometimes stressful shifts, the deaths of patients, and other difficult circumstances.
Nurses are the unsung, silently, uncomplainingly working behind the health care system who are the connective tissues in the muscles of our health care system. It can be disheartening of not finding a job after this challenging course. But don’t despair. This guide will take you towards your dream job.
Nurses are “The Brave army of Angels”
What types of Government jobs after B.S c Nursing?
Every year, Government provides tons of job opportunities for BSc Nursing students. They also offer wide range of facilities, monthy allowances, transport facilities, health services etc. Government offer various jobs in the following sector.
- Nursing Schools
Bsc nursing Government jobs
Below are the few job opportunities that one can consider.
- Other Nursing jobs
Whether you’re completing your Bsc nursing or obsessed with working in private sector. This blog will helps you in achieving a better secured job with long term benefits.
As pursuing a tough career Nurses deserves a Government job that provides the best opportunities for building successful careers in the health care system. The preferred mode of recruitment for most of the government jobs in India is through competitive exams which may consist of two or more stages of testing.
AIIMS Nursing Jobs
All India Institute of Medical Sciences abbreviated to AIIMS was created in 1956 as a self-governed institution through an Act of Parliament. AIIMS also runs College of Nursing and trains tons of students. There are 25 clinical departments including four super specialty centers manage practically all types of disease conditions with support from pre- and Para-clinical departments. AIIMS also manages a 60-beded hospital in the Comprehensive Rural Health Centre at Ballabhgarh in Haryana and provides health cover to about 2.5 lakh population through the Centre for Community Medicine. AIIMS branches are located all over India.
- AIIMS New Delhi
- AIIMS Bhubaneswar
- AIIMS JODHPUR
- AIIMS Patna
- AIIMS Raipur
- AIIMS Rishikesh
- AIIMS Raebareli
- AIIMS Mangalagiri
- AIIMS Nagpur
- AIIMS Gorakhpur
- AIIMS Kalyani
- AIIMS Bathinda
- AIIMS Guwahati
How can I get nursing job in aiims?
To get a job in AIIMS the interesting candidates must appears in the Nursing Officer Recruitment Common Eligibility Test (NORCET), satisfying all the eligibilities, appears in the exam, Qualifies the exam with good marks.
AIIMS provides best salary packages, services, monthly allowances, grade pay. Every year AIIMS provides lots of job opportunities for medical students. In 2021, AIIMS provides 3579 Staff Nurse, Nursing Officer, Law Officer, driver Recruitment.
AIIMS NORCET –
|Full Form||Nursing Officer recruitment Common eligibility Test|
|Associated Department||All India Institute of Medical Science|
|Posts||Nursing Officer, Staff Nurse , ==|
|Age Limit||18-30 (Age relaxation would be different for different Categories)|
|Application Form Submission||Online|
|Notification Released Date|
|Last date of Form Submission|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
Eligibility criteria for NORCET Exam-
For Bsc Nursing
- Completed Bsc nursing from Indian Nursing Council (INC) / State Nursing Council or recognized university.
- Age Limit: Between 18-30 Years (All age shall be counted on the last date of closing of application form)
After satisfying the eligibility criteria the desirous candidate can visit the official site—–and fill the online application form on www.aiimsexams.org
NORCET Application fee
|General / OBC Candidates||1500|
|Person with disabilities||Exempted|
- The candidate can pay the prescribed application fee through DEBIT CARD/CREDIT CARD/ NET BANKING. Transaction / Processing fee, if any, as applicable, will be paid by the candidate.
- The application fee is non-refundable under all circumstances.
- If a candidate fails to pay the prescribed fee, his application will be considered rejected.
RRB Paramedical jobs
RRB stands for Railways Requirement Board. It offers RRB paramedical Staff Nurse Recruitment for nurses every year for fresher & Experienced candidates for Paramedical Staff Nurse Posts category. RRB not only ensures you secured job but also an effective salary packages with lots of benefits. If you are looking for a job opportunity in Railways then you must satisfy the eligibility criteria given below.
Eligibility Criteria for RRB
- Completed Bsc nursing from Indian Nursing Council (INC) / State Nursing Council or recognized university.
- Candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
- Age Limit: Between 20-40 Years (All age shall be counted on the last date of closing of application form)
Application Fee for RRB Paramedical jobs
Below are the category-wise application fee details.
|SC/ST/Ex-Serviceman/PWBDS/Female/Transgender/Economically Backward Classes||250-/|
Note– After CBT test an amount of 400 shall be refunded for general Category students and 250 for other categories to their Bank account.
RRB Paramedical Selection Process
RRB selection process will going through the three major steps
- The candidate must pass the written Examination format.
- After that the interview of the specific candidate is conducted.
- In Last step the document verification of the candidate is conducted.
RRB Paramedical Staff Salary
|Paramedical Posts||Salary Details|
|Staff Nurse||Rs 44900|
|Lab Superintendent||Rs 35400|
|Pharmacist Grade||Rs 29200|
|Lady Health Visitor||Rs 25500 Level|
|Lab Assistant Grade II||Rs 21700 Level|
How to apply for RRB Paramedical Staff Nurse
Step 1-Visit the official website https://indianrailways.gov.in/
Step-2 Fill the application Form with all the personal details, educational details, Address, phone number etc.
Step-3 Upload scanned images of photograph and signature in specified format and dimension.
Step-4 Pay the application fee online through credit card/debit Card etc.
Step-5 After successful payment candidates are advised to take a print of the confirmation page.
Military Nursing Services (MNS)
MNS stands for Military Nursing Services is a part of Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS) for Short Service Commissioned or Permanent Commission Nursing officer exam. It is one of the top tests for female candidates who wish to join Indian Army. The exam is administered by the Directorate General of Medical Services (Indian Army). The main goal of MNS is providing medical assistance for soldiers.
MNS is a demanding job as it gives you respect that no other occupation can offer you. In addition, you will be given monthly allowances a better salary package etc. If you want to serve Indian Army then you must need to see the following details.
Quick Facts about MNS
- MNS was constituted on 23 November 1954 by the Central Government.
- In 1987 The Government of India declared MNS as Army Officers and will rank equally with the male officers.
- Maj Gen Smita Devrani was the charge of Additional Director General of Military Nursing Service.
Eligibility Criteria for MNS:
1.Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
2.Age Limit: 21-35 years
3.Marital status: Single/Married/Divorcee or otherwise legally separated /Widow.
4.Qualification & Registration: B Sc (Nursing) from Indian Nursing Council recognized University and be a registered Nurse and Midwife from a State Nursing Council.
5.Physical Fitness: The Candidate must’nt be pregnant at the time of medical examination.
How to apply for MNS
- The candidate first visit joinindianarmy.nic.in
- Officers selection- Aplly online –Register.
- Fill all the personal details.
- Generate ID Password.
- Pay the application fee online
- After that, you can take out a print out of the form of the same.
MNS Selection Process
1.Computer Based Test. As per the latest MNS exam pattern, Directorate General of Medical Services will conduct the MNS exam. It will be of a 90 minute, where candidates must answer 150 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) from Nursing , English or General Intelligence. As per the official MNS marking scheme 2021, One mark to be awarded for the correct answer, while there is no marking for the wrong attempt. Aspirants seeking more information regarding the MNS exam pattern can go through the official website.
MNS Exam Format 2021
|Mode of MNS exam 2021||Computer-based mode|
|Time||90 minutes (1 hour 30 minutes)|
|No. of Questions||150 question|
|Subjects||Nursing , English , General Intelligence.|
The OMR based evaluation of the answer sheets will be done at IHQ of MoD(Army) and the result of successful shortlisted candidates will be declared online on the army website. Confirmation of the result will be the individual responsibility of the candidates. This Office will not be responsible for informing the result individually.
2.Interview: Candidates who pass a Computer Based test are called to an interview. MNS Interview is a panel interview that involves three to four seniors Army officers who select the best candidates who are able to fulfill the requirements. Interviews play a significant part. In determining if they are qualified to fulfill the criteria that make them ineligible for the following selection process.
3.Medical Checkup : After clearly passing the Computer Based Test or interview the selected candidate must go for Medical Checkup. There are few details regarding MNS medical Checkup that the Candidate must need to go through.
- A candidate should have good physique and good mental health.
- The minimum weight required is 39 kg.
- Candidate height should not be less than 152 cm
- Should have sufficient number of natural healthy gum and teeth i.e. minimum 14 dental points.
- Candidates have no genetic disease like joint knees, colour blindness, or night blindness. In case of any body fracture the respective candidate must be rejected.
After that two major Examination will be done.
- X-Ray Examination of Chest.
Note- At the time of Medical Examination and joining for Commission pregnant Candidate will be marked as rejected.
Ranks in MNS
The various ranks of Military Nursing Service are listed below in descending order: Commissioned Officers
- Major General
- Lieutenant Colonel
Salary of Military Nursing Officer
Entry position – Lieutenant : 56,000+ TA, DA, MSP allowance.
Caption : Salary 61,000+ allowance.
Major : Salary per month 71,000 to 80,000 allowance.
Lieutenant colonel : Salary 121,200 + A grade allowance.
Colonel : Salary 139,600 + A grade allowance.
Brigadier : Salary 144,200 + A grade allowance.
Time period for Serving as MNS officer (Tenure for MNS)
The selected Candidates who successfully passed written test, interview or medical checkup are ready to serve Indian Army for 5 years, This tenure was extended upto 14 years.
Other Bsc Nursing Govt Nursing jobs
There are various Nursing vacancies in Indian Government sector Hospital like AIIMS, PGIMER, JPMER, AFMC Pune etc. Every year.
Community Health Centre Jobs
Community Health Centres are non-profit health centres run by the members of the community in the region specifically to enhance the lives of peoples . The primary purpose of these centres is to offer the best quality, affordable, and complete health care services for all.
To help Community Health Centres so that they provide the most effective treatment for COVID-19 Government announced the new program known as Ayushman Bharat that will result in the hiring for 120,000 Community Health officers by 2022’s with the goal of providing urban and rural populations with basic health care. This is an excellent opportunity for Bsc nursing students who looking for an Government job.
Quick Facts about CHO
- CHO introduced Ayushman Bharat Mission.
- CHO will be health officer at Health and Wellness Centre.
- They work in collaboration with ANM, Asha, Gram Pradhan.
How to become a CHO?
- The candidate successfully cleared the Entrance test conducted by the respective state.
- Document Verification
- After that 6 months official training of Integrated Course in Community Health takes place with a salary of 20,000.
- After successfully cleared the 3 steps the candidate should placed at the selective centers chosen by the candidate at the time of filling the examination form.
Eligibility criteria for CHO
- After Bsc nursing/ Post Basic / GNM 6 months training in Community Health Centre. or
- In Bsc Nursing Integrated Curricullm of Certificate in Community Health
Note- Final year Nursing Students can apply
For General- 21-35 years.
For SC/ST/Ex-Service Man – 21-40 years.
- There will be 100 Multiple Choice Question (MCQs) for written test.
- The Test duration shall be 2 Hours only.
- The Question Paper will be Objective Type.
- There is no negative mark for incorrect answers.
- The Question paper will be in both English and Hindi Language.
Role of Community Health Officer
- Frontline Public Health Workers.
- Bridge Between Community People and Health Care.
- Provide Comprehensive Primary Health Care.
Responsibilities of Community Health Officer
- Clinical: OPD Care and Management.
- Public Health: Health Promotion, Disease Prevention.
- Managerial: Functioning of HWC at subcentre.
Functions of CHO
1.Public Health Functions
- Collection of Population data.
- Organizing services
- Health Promotion
- Disease Prevention
- Managerial Functions
- Record Maintenance & monitoring
- Inventory Stock, Funds Management
- Household Level meetings
Excepted Salary of CHO
Final Year CHO interns = 22500-/
Contractual CHO’s= 40,000-/