Post Basic BSc Nursing Highlights at Kol Valley
|Course Detail:||Kol Valley institute of Nursing started the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing degree course under Himachal Pradesh University in the year 2019.|
|Syllabus:||As prescribed by Indian Nursing Council and H.P University|
|Attendance||80% attendance in theory and 100% attendance in practical with all the clinical Requirements are compulsory for appearing in the final examination.|
|Examination:||Final exams will be conducted by HP University annually at the end of the session|
- Under the aims of K.V.I.N the following are the main objectives of the course. At the completion of the course the graduates are expected to:
- Interpret, demonstrate and administer high-quality nursing care to people of all ages in homes, hospitals, and other community agencies in urban and rural areas;
- Apply knowledge from the physical, biological, and behavioral sciences in assessing the health status of individuals.
- Participate as members of the health care team in the promotive, preventive and restorative healthcare delivery system of the country.
- Demonstrate skill in teaching and supervising nursing care both in hospitals and in a community settings.
- Show knowledge on the latest trends and technology in improving the quality of nursing care.
- Recognize the need for continued learning, and for personal and professional growth.
- Be self-driven in evidence-based research studies in various settings to improve the quality of nursing care.
Post Basic BSc Nursing Eligibility
- The age of the candidate should be between 17 to 35 years as of 31st December of the admission year. The upper age can be relaxable by 5 years in the case of SC/ST candidates. Age, as recorded in the matriculation certificate, will be entertained.
- The candidates should have passed (10+2) or its equivalent examination from any of the
recognized Board/University established by law in India in the subjects of physics, chemistry, Biology, and English with a minimum of 45% (40% in the case of SC/ST/OBC candidates).
- Students who have passed their 10+2 examination from the National Institute of Open School or have appeared in the 10+2 examination Science (Medical) can also apply for admission.
- Students have to produce a medically fit certificate at the time of admission and married candidates shall also be admitted with a medical fitness certificate.
- Student should be admitted once in a year.
Post Bsc Nursing Fees at Kol Valley Institute of Nursing:-
|S.No||Head under which fee is charged (Annual Fee)||For State Govt. quota seats(in Rs)||For Management quota seats(in Rs)|
|3||Hostel charges(including Electricity & Water)||12000/-||12000/-|
|4||Hospital Attachment Charges(hospital attachment charges will be charged @ Rs 850/- per student on monthly basis as per the actual attachment period)||10,200/-||10,200/-|
Note:- Transport and Mess Charges will be charged on an actual basis.
Books and uniforms will be charged on an actual basis.
Refund of the fee if not joined the college will be done on the basis of UGC notification on October
KVIN’s P.B.B.Sc Nursing Admission Process 2022
A Bachelor of Science in Nursing(Post-Basic) is for Nurses who already have a background in the field of Nursing and wants to enhance their nursing skills. It’s a 2-year course.
Here are the complete steps to take admission to Post Basic BSc Nursing Course.
- Visit the college’s official website.
- Registered yourself as a new user.
- Fill out the application form with all the details.
- Upload all the required documents.
- Pay both registration and Admission fee.
- Save and Print the Application Form fo further use.
Post Basic BSc Nursing Syllabus
Post Basic Nursing syllabus helps you in broaden your career in the field of Nursing. The main goal of the course is to familiarize nurses with the advancements in the field of nursing. To make them completely understand obstetrics techniques, medical-surgical techniques, origin & symptoms of human behavior.
- Nursing Foundation
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- Medical & Surgical Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Maternal Nursing
- Child Health Nursing
- Introduction to Nursing Education
- Introduction to Nursing Research
- Mental Health Nursing
What are different Career Options after Post Basic BSc Nursing?
After 2 years of Post-Basic Nursing, you can proceed as a full-time nurse in any medical institution. You can unlock many opportunities after Post BSc nursing such as you can join as a;
- Critical Care Nurse
- Rehabilitation Specialist
- Paramedic Nurse
- Community Health Specialist
- Staff Nurse
- Nurse Manager
- Community Health Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Nursing Instructor
Top Post BSc Nursing Colleges in India
There are many Post basic Bsc Nursing colleges in India, that offer a post-basic Bsc Nursing Program. But I only provide you the list of Top Post BSc Nursing colleges in India.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Kol Valley Institute of Nursing
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- AFMC, Pune
- Medical Education and Research Institute for Post-Graduate Students
- Madras Medical College
Post Basic Nurse’s Salary
Post-Basic Nurses’ salary in India varies from one institution to another, But post-basic nurses can receive a good salary as they received as a G.N.M Nurse. The salary also varies from private to government institutions. To get a government job you have to clear the various entrance test conducted by the government. Here are average post basic BSc nurses salary
- Nurse Manager- 5-6 lakhs
- Critical Care Nurse- 3-3.5 lakhs
- Staff Nurse- 2.5-3 lakhs
- Registered Nurse- 2.5-2.75 lakhs
- Nursing Instructor- 4 lakhs
- Rehabilitation Specialist- 2.5-3 lakhs