BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN NURSING DEGREE COURSE
|Course Detail:||Kol Valley institute of Nursing started Basic B.Sc Nursing degree course under Himachal Pradesh University in the year 2010.|
|Examination:||Final exams will be conducted by HP University annually in the end of the session|
|Attendance:||80% attendance in theory and 100% attendance in practical with all the clinical|
Requirements are compulsory for appearing in final examination.
|Syllabus:||As prescribed by Indian Nursing Council and H.P University.|
- under the aims of K.V.I.N the following are the main objectives of the course. At the completion of the course the graduates are expected to:
- Have broad concept of the fundamental principles of the quality nursing care and demonstrate skill in providing nursing care to people of all age groups based on principles of physical, biological and behavioral science in an institute or in a community setting.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and decision making abilities in various nursing situations.
- Participate as members of the health care team in promotive, preventive and restorative health care delivery system of the country.
- Demonstrate skill in teaching and supervising nursing care both in hospital and in community setting.
- Show knowledge on the latest trends and technology in improving the quality of nursing care.
- Recognize the need for continued learning, and for personal and professional growth.
- Be self driven in evidence based research studies in various setting to improve the quality of nursing care.
- The age of the candidate should be between 17 to 35 years as on 31st December 2of the admission year . The upper age can be relaxable by 5 years in the case of SC/ST candidates. Age as recorded in the matriculation certificate will be entertained.
- The candidates should have passed (10+2) or its equivalent examination from any of the recognized Board/University established by law in India in the subjects of physics, chemistry, Biology and English with a minimum of 45% (40% in case of SC/ST/OBC candidates).
- Students who have passed their 10+2 examination from National Institute of Open School or have appeared in 10+2 examination Science (Medical) can also apply for admission.
- Students have to produce medically fit certificate at the time of admission and married candidates shall also be admitted with medical fitness certificate.
- Student should be admitted once in a year.
|S.No||Head under which fee is charged (Annual Fee)||For State Govt. quota seats(in Rs)||For Management quota seats(in Rs)|
|3||Hostel charges(including Electricity & water)||12000/-||12000/-|
|4||Hospital Attachment Charges(hospital attachment charges will be charged @ Rs 850/- per student on monthly basis as per actual attachment period)||10,200/-||10,200/-|
Note:- Transport and Mess Charges will be Charged on actual basis.
Books and uniform will be charged on actual basis.
Refund of the fee if not joined the college will be done on the basis of UGC notification October
On completion of the four-year B.Sc. Nursing program the graduate will be able to:
- Apply knowledge from physical, biological, and behavioural sciences, medicine including alternative systems and nursing in providing nursing care to individuals, families and communities
- Demonstrate understanding of life style and other factors, which affect health of individuals and groups
- Provide nursing care based on steps of nursing process in collaboration with the individuals and groups
- Demonstrate critical thinking skill in making decisions in all situations in order to provide quality care
- Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing health care
- Provide promotive, preventive and restorative health services in line with the national health policies and programs
- Practice within the framework of code of ethics and professional conduct, and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries
- Communicate effectively with individuals and groups, and members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationships and teamwork
- Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals and groups in clinical/community health settings
- Participate effectively as members of the health team in the health care delivery system
- Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in clinical/ community health settings
- Conduct need-based research studies in various settings and utilize the research findings to improve the quality of care
- Demonstrate awareness, interest and contribute towards the advancement of self and of the profession