BSc Nursing 1st Year Syllabus,Subjects, Notes, Practicals, Examination Pattern and Question Papers
The nursing syllabus aids you in acquiring vital skills and knowledge which help you to save lives. Nursing students gain knowledge of anatomy, microbiology, physiology, biochemistry, and psychology. The nursing syllabus provides you with skills in emergency care, effective communication, empathy, management, and organization.
INC has recently released a new syllabus for the BSc Nursing program in response to several worthy complaints from students who felt it may be too difficult to complete the whole syllabus. It will be implemented in January 2022.
In this Blog, I’ m going to share nursing first years subjects, notes, authors, previous year’s question papers, and nursing exam preparation 5 mantras.
Table of Contents
- Aim of BSc Nursing 1st year Syllabus (INC)
- BSc Nursing 1st year Curriculum
Aim of BSc Nursing 1st year Syllabus
The first-year nursing syllabus aims to prepare nurses to understand the basic nursing techniques and procedures. They should be able to apply them in practical situations. Nursing has the objective to save lives and maintain the health of patients. Nursing is a very important profession that helps people to live longer and better.
BSc Nursing 1st year Curriculum
|Nursing Subjects||Study Hours|
|Nursing Foundations & Practical||60|
BSc Nursing Subjects 1st year & Topics
Here is the complete list of BSc nursing first year subjects that helps you in your nursing exam preparation.
|Introduction||The Skeletal System|
|The Skeletal System||Muscular system|
|The Muscular System||Nervous system|
|Nervous System||Circulatory system|
|Sensory Organs||Respiratory system|
|The circulatory and lymphatic system||Digestive system|
|Respiratory system||Excretory system|
|Digestive system||Sensory System|
|Excretory system||Endocrine system|
|Endocrine reproductive system||Reproductory system|
|Carbohydrates||Biology of Behavior|
|Proteins||Motivational and emotional Processes|
|Vitamins||Development of Psychology|
|Minerals||Mental hygiene and Mental Health|
|Water & electrolytes||Physiological assessment & tests|
|Role of nurse in nutritional programs|
|General Characteristics of Microbes||Composition and metabolism of cell membrane|
|Infection Control||Composition and metabolism of Carbohydrates|
|Pathogenic organisms||Composition and metabolism of Amino Acids and proteins|
|Immunity||Composition of Vitamins and minerals|
|Building Vocabulary, Public speaking||Nursing as a profession|
|Letter Making, Note-taking, Precis Writing||Infection Control in Clinical Settings|
|Nurses notes, Anecdotal records,diary writing||Administration of Medications|
|Reports on health problems etc., Resume/ CV||Meeting needs of perioperative patients,|
|Spoken English||Care of terminally ill patients|
|Listening Comprehension||Nursing concepts & practice|
|Reading Comprehension||The Nursing Process, Documentation & Reporting, Vital Signs, Health assessment|
|Concepts of Computers|
|Introduction of Disk Operating system|
|Hospital Management System|
BSc Nursing 1st year Subjects Semester- Wise
|BSc Nursing 1st semester Subjects||BSc Nursing 2nd-semester Subjects|
|General Science (Refresher Course)|
Applied Anatomy & applied Physiology
Applied Sociology & applied Psychology
Applied Nutrition and dietetics
Nursing Foundations II including the First Aid module
Introduction to Community Health Nursing including Health Care Policy Regulation and Environmental Science
|BSc Nursing Books 1st year||BSc Nursing 1st year Books pdf|
|Biochemistry||Biochemistry Book Pdf|
|Nutrition||Nutrition Book Pdf|
|Nursing Foundation||Nursing Foundation Book Pdf|
|Anatomy & Physiology||Anatomy Book Pdf|
|Microbiology||Microbiology Book Pdf|
|Phycology||Phycology Book Pdf|
|Introduction to Computers||–|
Nursing 1st Year Complete Study material
Here is the BSc Nursing 1st year complete study material. Click on the images below to get your best nursing first-year books at affordable prices
BSc Nursing 1st year question Paper
The nursing previous year question paper is provided here. These will help a lot of the students to get an idea of the questions that will be asked in the exams. The students can practice these questions to cover the syllabus of the subject. The students can also get the idea of the marking scheme from the nursing previous year question paper.
- Anatomy Physiology March 2021 question Paper https://firstranker.com/fr/frdA281021A132030/download-bsc-dialysis-technology-2021-march-1st-year-1306-anatomy-physiology-and-biochemistry-question-paper
- Nutrition Biochemistry March 2021 question Paper– https://firstranker.com/fr/frdA251021A141541/download-b.sc-nursing-2021-march-1st-year-4702-nutrition-and-biochemistry-question-paper
- Nursing foundation March 2021 question Paper– https://firstranker.com/fr/frdA251021A141542/download-b.sc-nursing-2021-march-1st-year-4703-nursing-foundation-question-paper
- Psychology March 2021 question paper https://firstranker.com/fr/frdA251021A141543/download-b.sc-nursing-2021-march-1st-year-4704-psychology-question-paper
- Microbiology March 2021 question Paper https://firstranker.com/fr/frdA251021A141544/download-b.sc-nursing-2021-march-1st-year-4705-microbiology-question-paper
- English question Paper- https://firstranker.com/fr/frdA251021A141545/download-b.sc-nursing-2021-march-1st-year-4706-english-question-paper
BSc Nursing 1st year Exam Pattern
|Nutrition Bio- chemistry||3||25+75||100|
|Nursing Foundation Practical||3||100||200|
*In= Internal, * Ex= External
BSc Nursing First Year Practical
This course is designed to help students to develop an understanding of the philosophy, objectives, theories, and process of nursing in various clinical settings. It is aimed at helping students to acquire knowledge, understanding, and skills in techniques of nursing and practice them in clinical settings.
In the Nursing first year, there is only one practical which is Nursing Foundation.
Nursing 1st-year outcome
- Students acquire knowledge of human body systems and understand the alterations in anatomical structures.
- Students acquire knowledge of nutrition for the maintenance of optimum health at different stages of life.
- Students acquire knowledge of the normal biochemical composition and functioning of the human body.
Nursing Exam Preparation 5 Mantras
- Know the Exam Pattern– The first thing before you curate strategy for yourself is to understand the Nursing Exam Pattern.
- Understand the syllabus– The next important step is to understand & visualize the syllabus.
- Study Material– Choosing the right material is the next step to prepare for the exam.
- Revision– Revision is the crucial key to getting good marks. Consistent revision & practice will help you gain an edge over the concepts of Subjects.
- Stay Healthy– Health is wealth! If you want to clear your nursing exam you need to keep yourself healthy